Friday, February 24, 2012

Week 8 Reading Notes

CSS - Intro

- I was unaware the cascading style sheets are the reason behind the differences on webpages!
- The format of this tutorial, as with the html tutorial, makes understanding and practicing these elements simple, helpful, and understandable!
- I am really excited to play around with all of this and learn more!

Starting with HTML and CSS
- In the first CSS tutorial, I had fun filling in particular color names at random. In this tutorial I was surprised and pleased to learn more about how one can find and select the various colors.
- The explanation of how to pull the style elements out of the html language and save it as an external file was very helpful and made a lot of sense.

Chapter 2

- "CSS puts the designer in the drivers seat." As a person concerned with the aesthetics of objects, this quote made me feel more excited about the possibilities of using css and html.
- When creating the style of a particular website, do many designers begin by writing out a sketch of how they want a page to look, or do they often follow someone else's designs? I feel like I would have to start by writing out the parts of each declaration before entering the items.
- After reading about how the various properties of webpages are translated through css language, I'm so in awe of how well designed and complicated webpages are put together!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment