Saturday, March 17, 2012

Week 10 Reading Notes

Introduction to XML
- The connections between XLM and html are so connected!
- Difference between DISPLAYING information in a way the machine can read versus displaying information in a way the machine can understand.
- Tags, elements, attributes that seem to nest together.
- I had no idea how XML has transformed the way we we search and how websites streamline the process of of searching for information.
-- XML is STRICT! The rules a code writer must follow seem far more strict than html. When I war writing some of our html, I found it very easy to skip an end tag, but still wind up with what I was after. I'm excited to learn more about the code writing for XML.

A Survey of XML Standards: PART 1
- I feel like - as with the css and html modules - I will understand what each of these items are for. Right now, XML Base, XInclude, XPath, etc will make more sense when we come back and begin experimenting with mmaking simple XML pages. This is a great resource page, though, and I have it bookmarked.

W3 XML Scheme Tutorial
-Yay! I love the W3 articles we've used for html and css.
- The "why use XML Schema" was very helpful. It seems like XML is really the most useful for websites with the direct need for input-able data, or websites that need to link and use data from databases.
- I'm looking forward to using this XML language and eventually learning more about
xhtml as a language.

No comments:

Post a Comment